Courchevel

I went to Courchevel after Christmas for 12 nights and I had such a wonderful time.

Richard Orlinski - Wild Kong

We drove from Chiswick, London to Courchevel, Les Trois Vallees, which took around 12 hours, door to door (there was horrendous traffic from London to the Eurotunnel - it was Boxing Day, so everyone was on the road (visiting relatives they dislike - according to one of my travel partners).

For Le Shuttle, we had a Frequent traveller Flexiplus pass, which means you can get on any train, and you don't have to worry about making it for a certain time, which can be tricky (when traffic is unreliable etc).

There is an exclusive lounge for FlexiPlus pass members, where you can get complimentary refreshments and WiFi, but as we were travelling in a high vehicle, we didn't access the lounge and we also didn't have time.

When we arrived, it was midnight and very snowy and magical, it felt like being in Narnia.
 



 


I hadn't been skiing for 5 years and so I was quite nervous about my first day on the slopes, but it all went well.



I got my skis, poles and ski boots from Olympic Sports in Le Praz, I hired them for 10+ days, at the end I paid around €265 (this included a 20% discount).

I got a 3 Valleys Liberty ski pass this is for people who ski between 8 & 21 days in the season, you can buy this online, €30 per pass for an annual subscription. Your day is automatically debited from your bank card after your days skiing. Loyalty is rewarded and you get your 9th day free as well as a further free day every 6 days thereafter, whichever ski area you choose.

I wore Topshop SNO gear and absolutely loved it. It was super comfortable and warm, not just stylish but functional.


me with my cousin & some snowmen


cute dog we met on a walk



Here are some cool paces I visited and enjoyed #ApresSki

Le Bel Air is a very popular lunch spot













Delicious Lunch up in the mountains.

Nammos Courchevel

We stopped by Nammos Courchevel one day for some coffee & champagne outside by the fire pit.






La Folie Douce

We went to La Folie Douce Meribel for lunch and dancing on the tables on New Years Eve.



The atmosphere is so much fun and the live performances should not be missed, along with a bit of dancing on the table.La Cave De CreuxThis is a great spot for lunch or even a quick coffee.


 






Richard Orlinski sculptures

You will find these stunning sculptures by Richard Orlinski a sight to behold.

 


I had such an amazing trip and hope to go again (I won't be leaving it for 5 years this time...)
Beautiful snowy mountains
If you need a break from skiing one day, I would suggest a visit to Aquamotion Courchevel
It is so much fun for all the family - I went with my teenage cousins (twin boys aged 13) and we had so much fun, there is an outdoor heated spa area, slides, lap pool, children's pool & an inflatable obstacle course. And if you don't want to swim they have a cafe and viewing balcony above, people were milling about in their white robes and I even saw a group having rose wine up there.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hen Do’s & Hen Don’t’s: A Guide to Mykonos

How to add Instagram Reels back onto Grid

Top 16 Influencer Platforms