Hair Loss After Covid-19 Vaccine

When you google “hair loss after covid vaccine” this is the first result.

It is possible that the messenger RNA SARS-CoV-2 Moderna and Pfizer vaccines can trigger a T cell-mediated immune response with the downstream effects of alopecia. Hair loss following SARS-CoV-2 vaccination is an increasingly reported phenomenon globally.

I have been experiencing hair loss since I had the Covid-19 vaccine. 
I have always had really thin & fine hair, but I was actually really happy with my hair up until I had the vaccine. I had been taking Starpowa Hair, Skin & Nails Gummies for months and they had worked SO well. 


I will include a photo of my hair before the vaccine.


I had my first dose of Moderna on July 6 2021 and my 2nd dose of Moderna on August 6 2021. 

Pretty much immediately after the first dose I started experiencing hair loss. 

In the past I had never really noticed anything like this, and suddenly I had loads of hair in the shower drain and loads coming out in my brush after washing my hair, which was a real shock.

I kept thinking oh I must just need a hair cut (as my hair was pretty long at this point and definitely not in the best condition).

So I had my hair cut and still it kept falling out. I tried some new hair supplements and new expensive shampoo and conditioner, but it kept falling out.
It is now mid November and my hair is still falling out. I don't know what to do? I am really worried, as its getting less and less hair everyday and I am scared.

This is how much hair I lost in my most recent shower 🚿 It's the most I have lost so far (I think it might be because I didn't wash my hair for 3 days, because I was so worried about losing hair) So that didn't work - as I ended up losing it all in one go! Anyway I was crying in the shower, as I was so upset by this. 


I thought I would write this as I haven't found much information online and I was hoping other people would see it and realise they weren't alone. And maybe we could share some tips and advice in the comments. 

I did find one thread with loads of people experiencing hair loss after the vaccine and read through the comments to discover a lot of people who had Moderna also experiencing leg cramps and pains in their calf muscles, which is another thing I have experienced (I never even considered it could be a side effect of the vaccine until I was researching hair loss and found lots of other people having the same issue and connecting it back to the vaccine).

A lot of people are experiencing hair loss for various reasons, its a known side effect of Covid-19. Temporary hair loss is normal after a fever or illness. Fever is a common symptom of COVID-19. A few months after having a high fever or recovering from an illness, many people see noticeable hair loss. While many people think of this as hair loss, it's actually hair shedding.

I had a consultation with my doctor over the phone and she sent me for various blood tests, so will update this blog post with my results when I get them.
I have tried lots of different supplements, but I will be re ordering some Starpowa Gummies ASAP to see if they can get me back on track.

I am not anti-vax, but having the vaccine is the only thing that has changed in my life, I know hair loss can come from stress etc, but for me it happened immediately after having the vaccine and has continued ever since. I can't think of anything else that could have caused this?

I'll link to the Starpowa Gummies for 50% OFF & if you use my code: BB8H9MY8 you'll get an extra 10% off (this code is only valid for 30 sales) so let me know if it doesn’t work! As every time I post a new code it usually gets used up within a few days!

I am only mentioning these gummies, as I have tried so many hair, skin & nails supplements (Hairburst, Holland & Barrett, Viviscal, Sephora etc) and these are the only ones that worked really well for me.

The reason for this post is because I want to discuss this issue with other people and hopefully make you feel better about your situation.
I am also going to LINK this amazing hair growth health and nutrition advice my sister gave me HERE

I finally got my blood test results back and my doctor said my zinc was low (the current WHO guidance is to take around 10mg of zinc daily.) and also my ferritin is low and so she prescribed me some Ferrous Sulphate 200mg tablets. I was told this should result in improvements of my hair loss. Here is a link to an article I just read Do Low Ferritin Levels Cause Hair Loss?

Also my doctor recommended checking to see if you have baby hairs coming through, especially at the nape of your neck - if you have this - then you don't need to worry too much.

February Update: I do feel like I am now starting to see some improvements, from all the supplements I am taking etc, so there is hope for us all.
Here are some of the products I am using to help me:

Nature’s Bounty Maximum Strength Zinc – 25mg Tablets (100 Day Supply) – Immunity Support and Antioxidant Supplement

Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo C1 (Prevents & Reduces Hair Loss | Energizer for Strong Hair. Natural Hair Growth Shampoo.

Dr. Organic Coffee Stimulating Hair & Scalp Conditioner


Starpowa Vegan Collagen Support & Hair, Skin & Nails 

Nature's Bounty Biotin 1000 mcg Vitamin Supplement 

Let me know if you have any advice on hair loss.

Here are some photos of my hair before the vaccine & after the vaccine.

Here are all the supplements I've been taking to help me.


I am definitely seeing some improvements now, it jut takes time, so be patient.

Ok so I had to get the booster vaccine in March 1 (otherwise I couldn’t travel or do my job-I’m in France and you can’t go anywhere or do anything without the pass sanitare) and I am now experiencing hair loss again! This confirms that the cause of my hair loss is definitely from the Moderna Vaccine!!

This is very upsetting for me. As I was just starting to see improvements after months of hair loss! I will continue to take my various supplements and just hope things eventually improve.

Lots of people have suffered many different side effects from the vaccines, from what I’ve been reading online.

I’ve just started using L'Oréal Professionnel Serie Expert Aminexil Advanced. Which was recommended to me by my hair dresser. You use one dose per day for 6 weeks and you will start noticing the difference with baby hair growth etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hen Do’s & Hen Don’t’s: A Guide to Mykonos

How to add Instagram Reels back onto Grid

Top 16 Influencer Platforms